Catholic & Lutheran* Ten Commandments
Catholicism considers the Ten Commandments as divine law, since God himself gave the commandments to Moses. The Catholic church considers them positive laws as they are very concrete in nature, and leave no room for interpretation.
- I am the Lord your God
- Do not take the name of the Lord in vain
- Remember the Sabbath and keep it holy
- Honor your father and mother
- You shall not kill/murder
- You shall not commit adultery
- You shall not steal
- You shall not bear false witness against your neighbor
- You shall not covet your neighbor's wife
- You shall not covet? anything that belongs to your neighbor
* Some Lutheran churches utilize a version which divides the Ninth and Tenth Commandments (9. Thou shalt not covet thy neighbor's house; 10. You shall not covet your neighbor's wife, or his workers, or his cattle, or anything that is your neighbor's).